Monday, August 16, 2010

Nutshell

My life in a nutshell: BUSY! Let's see. I have hardly created any layouts lately. My photography hobby has exploded in the last month for whatever reason. Funny how God pushes his way right in the middle of everything. When I really wanted to get my photography business going it just didn't happen. I decided to continue with the Scrapbooking and then bam...out of the blue I can hardly keep up. It's great but wow. I was not ready for this. Then on top of it all, we have added a new furry baby to the family. I affectionately refer to her as the ugliest dog in the world. And I do mean it! She's the kind that is soooo ugly she's cute...almost! Her personality more than makes up for her looks! She's a lover girl and a half. Taking her to the vets today to see what they think. I have no clue how old she is or what breeds she's made up of at this time.

My journey had just plateaued for about 6 weeks. Neither lost nor gained anything. Then this week alone, I am down over 3 lbs. Let's pray the scale doesn't get stuck again for that long. I have finally hit another goal too! I officially weigh less than my Hubby for the first time in our lives! We graduated HS and we was a whooping 120 lbs with all the clothes he owned on at one time. I think I weighed 120 when I was in the 5th grade?! LOL Doubt it though! LOL Probably younger! Yeah, I was never a skinny kid. Unlike my whole family. Go figure?! Anywho!!! Getting close to breaking the mark has eluded me for whole adult life. I know I will get there and I am hoping it's soon but all in due time.

Finished my Sister & Don's wedding book. Went a little artsy fartsy with it instead of standard pages. I loved it. Now I have the Murder Mystery photobook to do. I just can't seem to find the time lately. I want to enjoy summer too. So things are taking a backseat. I'm totally ok with that, surprisingly! I'm living for me right now. First time in a long time! Feels kinda good. I'm sure I will fall back into the old pattern/habits of helping others first but for now, I'm enjoying doing what I WANT!

Kids head back to school 9-7-10. Looking forward to it but at the same time not. Bitter sweet. I love having them around but I think they are both getting bored. Praying for an awesome school year this year. William is in a Split Class ( 3rd/4th) he's in 3rd. So it will be different but different is good, right! He'll do fine! His teacher is A-MAZ-ING too! So that makes it so much easier on me, mentally. Zander starts Middle School. Yep, Middle school. Wow...where does the time go?? Did I tell ya, I totally love my life right now!

2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Glad you are lovin' life :)

And, congrats for pushing through the plateau and not giving up. I knew the scale would start to move in the right direction again soon!

Shelley Moore said...

I'm so proud of you, Rach! For putting yourself first, for adopting a butt-ugly dog, and for just being you! Miss you :(