Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Walk to school day

It's walk to school day. Which means the "bus" kids get to walk from the HS to the Elementary. Which basically means wet feet! LOL There is always so much dew on the grass. I might make my group walk AROUND the school on the pavement this year. It's longer but hey we are doing it for exercise right so why not walk around! LOL

Still bothered by the lack of parental involvement lately at our school. I mean, in this economy, with people laid off they have nothing BUT TIME, am I wrong? Grrr...Some people's children. I refuse to let it get to me. I'm going to let it go. I just had to get it off my chest. But for those of you with school aged children. Stop and think about how much time you invest in helping out. Could you do any more? Probably. So why not offer to help out for ONE EVENT PER YEAR. It's an hour out of your life or less. You are not committing to a life sentence people. There...now if I only had the guts to send this to 200 people directly! LOL hahahahaha

5 comments:

Amy Jo said...

I know I'm not a parent...and don't even live in your school district, but you can count on me to help with the fall festival again this year! I'll make up for some of those lazy people out there! Anything to help out my sister :)

Shell said...

as a past volunteer I am telling you now - you could send that exact post out to 200 people and you would STILL get the same lacklustre response

I found all through the kids school years - it is always the same few faces doing the work

Shell said...

oh ps - can I come and help??? :-D

any excuse for a visit *LOL*

Susan Catmull said...

I agree! as a parent I see the same 4-5 parents per class who ALWAYS help and none of the others. I love going on field trips, etc. Sad to think some parents just send their kids on their way and hope someone else teaches them how to function in this world.

Meredith said...

That's so funny. Well, it's not haha funny, just ironic. I signed up for PTSA and to volunteer at the school and no one has contacted me. I guess I need to call the school and put on my Momma Bear voice. We have a brand new school district and it is so unorganized it is ridiculous! You know those community involvement classes that they do in the schools in the evening. Well, we got our registration forms and booklets two days AFTER classes started. So, all the dance classes we were hoping to put our kids in are full. Lovely.