Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cat issues

We have two cats that apparently have lost their minds. They have started peeing on the carpet. So yeah...they just cut their own lives short. Literally. I love my pets but I have to draw the line at that. I put way too much time and money into my house to have it smell like a pisshole. Won't do it. So if anyone has any ideas how to stop this...please share. Otherwise, we will be down two pets at the Stiverson house. I mean it. The kids are so angry with us right now over this but they have no clue what we have done to get our house to this level. HELP!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I use to have a dog, that the only time she peed on the carpet was when she had a bladder infection, might want to check that!!

Brittany (Pink Peacock Designs) said...

There are a few things that it could be...
1) They spray when they are stressed. Has something changed in the routine in the past little while? Have you moved? Are the kids at them more/or less?
2) When there are multiple cats in the household they might be marking. This happens when they are just reaching maturity and are becoming aware of each other's territories, thus needing to mark theirs.
I know how you feel, there is NOTHING worse than cat pee everywhere! It stinks up the whole house, and no matter what you do you can't get it out!
Hope you find a solution soon!

Amy Jo said...

Oh dear...I hope you find a solution quick! I can't imagine the thought of having to get rid of those precious little boogers.

But, I also understand your point about the house and working way too hard to get it the way it is.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Go to the vet!!! Get them nuttered and your problem we'll go away!

RealRach said...

Yeah umm...they are females and they are spayed. And we've been to the vet.