Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Empty Nest Tonight

Well, we won't have any children at home tonight. My SIL is taking both the boys to spend the night with her tonight. Then all of them are going to Sauders Villiage on thursday. It's a Step Back in Time type of place. You can churn butter and the like.

So what am I to do without my boys? It will seem weird, yet quiet! I may just sit on the couch and watch MY tv programs. Which are what???? I haven't a clue. If it is not on Nick or Cartoon Network, I don't know what else is out there. Channel surfing...here I come!

I may have DH take me out to dinner. hmmm....where to go.

Well, off to get the boys hairs cut. Yes, I said Hairs. It's been a joke with our family for a long time. We don't just one hair...we cut them all.

Just like we eat at the Old Country BUFF ETT Not BUFF A. And any time you see an building/structure going up...it's a Dentist Office. "Look!!! It's a Dentist Office going in right there!!" And a single tree out in the field is called a "poop tree". It's where the farmers go to use the bathroom while working the fields. They need a place to hide behind! That story came from my grandfather. I remember when I was a little little girl he told me that is what they were and I have never forgotten it.

There is a glimps into my crazy life. We have so many "had to be there" sayings. It's so fun to have those silly things that we as a family only know about. It makes us smile when we see it or say it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how funny we say Hairs cut as well!
So its an international thing!

Another fave of ours is - clean out your earballs *lol* when someone does not hear what you said