Monday, August 14, 2006

Nearsightedness

Glasses will fix it...Oh dear, my first born is now a member of the 4 eyes club! We went tonight for his vision test and he failed miserably. I was sitting there looking at the board and as he was reading the letters/numbers, I was like, HUH? He was saying all sorts of things that were NO WHERE on that board. That was the first line after the large E too! I knew he was moving to my side of the court at that very moment. We are friends with our eye doctor since my mother -in-law worked for him. So we are very comfortable with him. And I gave him "the look" and he gave it back...YES he needs glasses was the look!

He seem to take the news just fine. We went out into the area with the glasses and he picked out a pair and put them on. We went over to the mirror and as soon as he saw his reflection he started crying. I think it was just a shock to see him self that way. So it was just a bunch of crying after that. We finally found a pair that had magnetic clip on sunglasses. He agreed to get them. But they were blue...so I 'gently' suggested that he get them in brown to match his hair color. He agrees...shwew. The blue was just too much. That was all I could see when I looked at him...blue glasses. So the brown will be much better. He actually looked very nice in all of them.

We came home and called the family to tell them the news. He seems to be warming up to the idea now and wanted to know how he had to wait to get them! 2 weeks! Two long weeks! LOL

I will post a photo once they come in. Darn nearsightedness....

No comments: