Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Recipe Swap

I was just sent an email for taking part in a recipe swap. I don't normally do these because I just don't have the time. But I did it!
Here is my recipe I submitted: Oklahoma Caviar
2 cans of Black eyed peas drained
2 large tomotos cubed
1 or 2 hot peppers chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 can white hominy drained
1 green pepper chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
4 green onions chopped tops & all

Mix and cover with 8 oz. of Italian Dressing {reg or fat free} Let stand in frig for 4 hours or longer. Serve with tortilla chips. Keeps well in frig for a long time.

This is a my DH Grandma's recipe. She would bring to all family functions. It was so good. I never knew how easy it was to make until I got the recipe from her. It tastes better the older it gets. I like to make mine atleast 24 hrs before I need it.

I kinda like this idea...I may post more recipes in the future!

No comments: