Sunday, May 11, 2008

Still sick and crazy story

I went to the doctor on Thursday, left work early. I have a sinus & ear infection. Then later that night I ran a fever of 103. Covered with literally 5 blanks and still couldn't get warm.

Fever broke in the early morning hours. I did goto the school in the morning. And was able to function but just very tired. Then Saturday I had a wedding to shoot. It was horrible for me. I was probably half way thru the formal pictures and I felt like I could just die. My fever felt it was coming back (no therm. to check) and I was coughing like crazy. It's hard to keep the camera still when you are coughing so hard it sounds like you are going to throw up. I kept popping cough drops and just prayed I could get thru it. Luckily the M of the B does photography too...so she was snapping away at the same time as I was when she wasn't in the photo. So hopefully between the two of us we got it all.

Then after the wedding pics. The F of the B drove off with my car keys by mistake. So I was stranded at the church and the reception was 18miles away. UGH...Josh was in Toledo (over an hour away) And no way to get in my van. So...I started walking. (cell phone locked in van) Then a teacher from the school saw me and picked me up. We went my Grandma's to get a car for me to get to the reception. UGH...unbelievable. Only me...I swear. I made it the reception with time to spare. But the coughing was getting worse and I was down to one cough drop!
I did as much as I could and then finally had to leave. Crazy. My worst nightmare was close to coming true...not being able to do pictures that I am supposed to do for a wedding. I seriously worry about that stuff. And it almost happened. Need to figure out a back up plan...but what??

if you made it this far you must really enjoy my crazy stories! As many of you know, my life is never boring. NEVER...

6 comments:

Kalo's World said...

Sorry you were feeling bad. I'm sure you made the happy couples new day even more special.

Susan Catmull said...

Get some rest girl. You are a wirlwind and need to have a minute to rest. I hope you are feeling better. Lotsa Love.

Anonymous said...

I swear this stuff only happens to our family...LOL! Get some rest and I hope you feel better soon.

Wendy said...

I am sorry you were feeling bad. Hope you are rid of it ALL soon

Krystal Hartley said...

Wow! That's crazy! I'm glad you got the photos shot. Do you Lightroom? I love it!!!

Feel better soon!!!!

Izzy said...

Oh no how awful for you, it sounds like a very tough photo shoot. Good for you for sticking it out! Now go get some rest!