Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Poor Zander

We have watched Jon & Kate Plus 8 for years. Since the beginning really. Zander LOVES that show. Well, tonight while we were watching the "new" show they announced they were splitting up. He looked at me with the saddest eyes I have ever seen on him. I just sorta laughed at him to keep the mood light. But inside I was fighting back tears. Just as I am doing now typing this. He said, How sad that they have come this? What??? He's 10. What 10 y.o. has the mind set to ask such a question or to even recognise the magnitude of what happened? Should I be worried? Or proud? I have raised an extremely sensitive child and I think that's pretty cool. Both my boys are sensitive children. And I love that about them. They can be tender and soft but still be BOYS. Man...I have done a wonderful job so far! I just pray those poor Gosselin children grow up healthy, happy, and strong mentally. Wow...wouldn't want to be in their shoes for NOTHING. I feel soooo sad for them. All of them.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I tried watching a couple of times and it just breaks my heart and makes me sick at the same time to watch them act like the other is not even there.

Very Sad! You have very sweet boys

Amy Jo said...

Awww....that's so touching! Don and I watched it last night and both of us cried. It just breaks my heart for those Gosselin children.

And yes, you HAVE done a wonderful job raising your boys. I can only hope and pray that if I ever have children that I am 1/2 the mom you are!!

Susan Catmull said...

Sounds like you are raising them right. Your a great Mom!

Jan said...

I think that's very sweet that he felt so deeply about it. How caring!