Sunday, June 17, 2007

Grrr.....

Ok,...I am beginning to think that this whole making my own clear albums is for the birds...I hurt myself trying to use the crop a dile to punch the holes. Plus it was splitting them. So we took them down to my FIL and used the drill press on them...well the first one, again, worked great! BUT...the hole was smaller than I wanted it. So, I get the bright idea...let's just put in a bigger drill bit. WRONG! It broke them again. So out of 12 I have 4 left that are fine. GRR....

I need to find thinner acrylic/plexiglass. 1/8" is NOT working. I need 1/16". So Josh said he will hit hobby lobby for me tomorrow to see what they have. Bless his heart. I took some pictures of him doing my album! Let me post them!


Oh...and KH...I will save a card just for you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok I used thicker acrylic than you did - and only cracked one with my crop-o-dile. I noticed you had to be careful how far in you put the acrylic - otherwise yes it did crack.

For thinner stuff - if you are going to HL - I have seen people saying they are using styrene blanks found in the glass aisle - hope that helps!