Sunday, March 4, 2007

Photo Of The Day POTD

Come on Shell...get with the program! LOL Teasin! I put up a challenge for us to take one photo a day and post them. I decided to put mine on slide.com.

Saturday I went to a Card Making Shower for a wounded local Soldier. He is my next door neighbors, half brother. He lost both feet/legs in an attack. In the vehicle he was in, there were 9 killed and two wounded. He was one of the two wounded. He lost one leg just above the knee and the other mid calf. He remains in the hospital here in the US. His name is Travis Webb. He is from Adrian, MI. The town next to mine.

We made well over 100 cards. And I must say there were some very nice cards made for this brave hero. I have not had anything hit so close to home to before this accident. I had a dear friend over there for about a year but he back home safe. So for this to have happened so close and then to learn it was my dear little nextdoor neighbors brother. Wow. If any of you would like to send a card, let me know. I can get you the address.

My sister's work sent us a roll of stamps! I was so grateful. Some local businesses donated envelopes, cardstock, money, more stamps. It was so great to see our community come together. Myself and another lady were able to produce nearly 60 cards ourselves this day! I would start the foundation of the card and she would put the final embellishments on it. We had a great system going! I had never met this person before in my life and we were just in such a sync...totally awesome! We worked from 10-2 and it was the fastest 4 hours of my life.

Getting my new computer tomorrow!! Dude, I am getting a Dell! Custom made to order. Got tons of hard drive to my digital scrapbooking stuff & photos. I may never leave the computer again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

poking my tongue out at you *LOL*.. it could have been pic of the day, page of the day, peanut of the day, potato of the day, pink martini of the day.. well the list just goes on *rofl*