Saturday, March 29, 2008

Snow Day

Credits: All paper & elements {Lilac Twilight} and {Baby it's cold outside} Krystal Hartley except for the blue flakes border.
What a great day we had with our cousins from North Carolina. They never get to play in the snow so we took them sledding at Thompson's Hill. We were happy to have one last Snow Day.

Our cousins were all home to say GoodBye to Grandma. She is still hanging in there. She is at home and resting. All 8 of her children were there at one time! This is the first time in a very long time that they were ALL in spot at the same time. It was a blessing that we could all share in life one last time! Some have gone back home and others continue to wait. It's a very stressful time but she is happy to be home vs. in the hospital. We will keep her comfortable until the end. She comes in and out of "spunky" times. She will sit up and talk to us all then the next we know she can't hardly move. So we are just praying she stays comfortable.

We are aware of the outcome and we are at peace. So just pray for a fast trip Home. He is waiting for His daughter to return. But Heknows we needed her for a few last days. I Thank Him for that. Not everyone is lucky enough to have this time like we are now.

So continue to pray for her and us. We are doing fine but the stress is getting to me. I just need a break. So I came home to scrapbook a few pages. Now I am going to head into town to get stuff for our Florida trip. I have faith that we will be able to continue with our plans to make to Florida on Tuesday to pick up my Grandma and bring her home Friday/Saturday. And if the Good Lord has other plans, that's ok too. All in due time...

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am keeping your family in my prayers. It's so hard. My Dad just passed away in February. And even though we are happy he is not suffering anymore and he is in a better place, it is very hard to let go.

Where in Florida are you going? I'm near West Palm Beach/Boca Raton area! Try to enjoy some sun while you are here! Man I don;t miss all that snow...lol

Big Hugs, Girlie!!!

Krystal Hartley said...

Great LO...and what fun that they got to play in the snow!! Enjoy the time!!

Meredith said...

Oh Rach! These are such bittersweet times. When my grandmother was in hospice care, we prayed for her to go so that she wouldn't be in pain. But we didn't want her to leave us. As much as I LONG to have just five more minutes with her, I am grateful that she didn't suffer even a moment longer than she did. I feel peace that she is with her Father. Big hugs to you! You're in my prayers!

ashli kay wolf said...

you are so amazing...i will continue to pray for y'all!!! xoxo

ps......cute layouts!