Sunday, March 23, 2008

Warning: GROSS

WARNING: KH DO NOT LOOK AT THIS!!





This has to be the grossest thing I have ever had happen to me. Oh my word...
I went to the basement to get the Easter stuff and picked up a handful of eggs and put my thumb through a REAL egg... from LAST YEAR. UGH....I have never and pray to never again, smell something of that nature. WOW...

But at the same time, how could I not document this horrible thing. It is now funny. But at the moment it happened...NOT FUNNY AT ALL. YUCK.

ETA: Don't the colors match so well with the egg! And the half circle reminds me of the egg. The flourishes are what I wished I had to fan the smell away. The circles represents my eyes rolling around in my head. The paper is for the mental note to NEVER do that AGAIN. The ripped cardboard is the box that I buried that sick mess in! The flower for the air freshner scent that sprayed. And crazy frame to show how insane I was over this whole issue. Oh...the irony of this layout.


Sorry if this makes you ill...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you mean you didn't eat it??... It is probably a delicacy in some country *rofl*

wish I could have seen your face - I would have peed my pants laughing!

ashli kay wolf said...

get that OFFFFFFF of there right now...I just THREW up in my MOUTH rach! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....oh well, this might be JUST what I need a little WEIGHT WATCHERS boost if you will! :)

love ya! ash

Izzy said...

Now that is the most unusual easter page I've ever seen scrapbooked!
Sounds pretty stinky! but great job on the layout! :)

ashli kay wolf said...

oh yeah..rach..that IS a very beautiful layout though...forgot to mention that...to buzy gaggin!

tata chicka..happy easter!
xoxo.ash

Shelley Moore said...

LOL, this is my single most horrific Easter fear! My kids never find all the eggs - at least I am afraid they don't, and I'm so petrified I'll be sharing in your experience one day!

Krystal Hartley said...

That's so nasty. I saw the warning...but I couldn't just NOT look LOL. I'm so glad we can't SMELL the layouts!

Susan Catmull said...

That is too funny. I actually have a real egg that I used in a babysitting experiment from Jr. High School(from the late 1970-yes I'm old). I still have it and it is light as a feather because all the stuff inside dried up but I will never let it get broken just in case there is some nasty smell still in there. Don't ask me why I still have it-I'm a pack rat.

Anonymous said...

This is the exact reason I don't color real eggs anymore for Easter.

Meredith said...

that's why the real eggs get made into egg salad for Easter lunch! :) we hide plastic eggs. but i am still terrified that something like this will happen. it happened to my grandma one year. they couldn't find the last easter egg anywhere. so, four months later, we were at my grandma's house and i found it, under a shell in a potted plant in the corner behind a chair! :) gotta be careful not to hide the eggs too hard! oh my goodness, when i lifted that seashell... YUCK! I can still remember that smell and I was only three years old! I love your layout, though!