Sunday, September 14, 2008

Float

We decided to have a float in our parade. We had each child represent a function we do during the year. We were going to have the kids walk and have the props on the float but due to the weather we decided not to put too much on the float and just let the kids ride and throw candy. Zander in the right corner of the photo. He was the Box Top Promo guy!
William on the right corner. William was a Christmas Gift for Gingerbread Shoppe that we do for Christmas. He doesn't have his box on in the photo. I wrapped in all in Contact paper so the wrapping paper would not get ruined in the rain.
Here are the officers! What a sorry bunch! LOL I have NEVER worn a baseball hat in my life until this day and I was walking in front of my whole town! LOL But I had to have something to keep my hair down and keep the rain off my glasses! But it did stop raining seconds before we took off! YEAH!! I was able to ditch the blue poncho! So we have our Tres., Sec,. Pres, VP, and PR in that order. I adore these women so much. Their love of the our children and pride in our school is so strong. We are truly blessed to have such a great group of women representing our parent group this year. I am so lucky to have the support of these women and so many of the teachers behind me. Looking forward to a wonderful year.

4 comments:

Susan Catmull said...

I'm glad it didn't rain on your parade (too much) Looks like a lot of fun.

Kristin said...

Aw! That so unfair that it rained on you guys! You look cute in your baseball hat!

Anonymous said...

I like the hat! And best wishes with your duties - I was able to be an officer in Katie's school PTA last year - and it was an awesome experience!

Anonymous said...

So sorry that it rained for the parade. I know you put a lot of work into the float and all the planning. Great job anyways! You make me proud :)