Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rain, Rain, and more Rain

We had our 5K run/walk fundraiser today. Both of my boys and Nana (josh's mom) walked in it. And well, IT RAINED! ok, lied, it POURED. You can see Zander & Will in the blue and yellow ponchos in the middle of the photo.William walked over 2 miles of the 3.2 and was just frozen and drenched. My girlfriend went out to find them and bring them back. But Zander refused the ride and wanted to finish. God love him! I was so stinking proud of him that I cried while telling my MIL 'THANK YOU' for walking with them. I know they slowed her down greatly! I can't begin to explain the pride of felt knowing my son wanted to finish no matter how rotten the weather was or how tired he was. He did it! And William walked farther than I EVER thought he would. So proud of him too! Here's Nana & Zander finishing up the Walk. You can see the rain and how much of it was falling. The other racers/walkers stayed right there and cheered them on as they crossed the line. (yes the came in last but they had a 6 yo and 9 yo walking) It was so neat!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool - your boys are so special - and you have every right to beam with pride!

Susan Catmull said...

Shows great determination. You sure must be teaching those boys right. Great job everyone!

Wendy said...

Those boys are something else, givem a kiss for all us proud bloggers!

Shelley Moore said...

OMG - Zander, you are my HERO! Way to go Zander! and William! Rach you've got a couple of amazing young men there!

Jan said...

Oh, how great!!!! Those boys are terrific!!!!!! Sending them big cheers!

Anonymous said...

Great job Zander & Will!! Aunt Amy Jo is so proud of you.