Friday, April 20, 2007

Student of the Month

PRIDE...It can make you cry. I found out today that Zander was Student of the Month for March! He was presented with an award from our State Rep. Tim Walburg today! Hand signed in INK!!! LOL (For those Christmas Story Movie fans out there! LOL)

I actually cried. I am not sure why they call it student of the month because they have not done it before that I am aware of. I need to ask about this and see what I can find out. I take our local paper and I don't remember seeing any Students of the Months before now? Anyways....Just very proud. No matter how often they do it!

Way to go Alexander! You are always my STUDENT of the month!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Yeah Alexander!!!

I remember last year at convention, my son called to tell me he made Jr. Honor Society. I sat in the floor at HO and cried!

Anonymous said...

Grats to your son, Rach! That's so awesome!! I was an overachiever as a child, so I got lots of awards like that...and I've had to do a great deal of not getting my hopes too high with my kids. However, Avery (my 11-yr-old) is doing pretty well...she's a year younger than everybody else in her class, but she's constantly making honor roll and winning awards. But nothing could have prepare me for the moment she told me she had won the 6th grade science fair at her middle school...and I WAS DRIVING! I had to pull over. It was completely unexpected since she only even did the project because it was required if you were in honors science. Maybe I should scrapbook that, eh?

Anonymous said...

Congrats Zander! Way to go, I'm so proud of you.