Thursday, May 17, 2007

Good-bye 685UGN

It's a very sad day in my life today. I get home from work tonight and Josh looks at me and says, "Guess What?" and pulls a new license plate out from behind his back. Neighbors within a 3 block radius could have heard me go, "NNNNOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo"

You see, I am very number oriented. I have had that same license plate (hence same number) since I was 16!!! I am 36 so for 20 years I have been 685UGN. There a hundred white vans in town but only one 685UGN. Everyone knew it was me by plate!! It has gotten so rusty over the last 20 years that my boss always told me I was going to get a ticket because it wasn't legible anymore. What do you mean?? I can/could still read it!

So, watch for a tribute to my plate layout...coming soon. Here's a few photos to show you what I am talking about. There are so many "tabs" on the corner it sticks up off the plate itself so far!! I am really considering using this for an album cover. Do you think I should enter it the "altered art" convention contest! LOL Hahaha
So from now on...I will be known as BLL 1877. Which is ok. My grandpa's name was BILL. So I will remember that part. Now...how to remember the 1877??? The start of a toll free number?! The year Rutherford B Hayes became President? I give up...I will just sit and repeat 1877, 1877, 1877 over and over until I learn it!
I know, I am very strange...but my sister shares my same affliction.

No comments: