Wednesday, January 24, 2007

oops...

Dang...I was going to post before I went to bed last night but I was so tired, I just went upstairs and forgot. Sorry!

OK...it has been a very odd day. I got up and went in to the school to do my Fl2 program. Took William to Mom's today instead of taking him with me. While I was doing the Fl2 the cook comes up to me and asks me if I would be interested in Subbing in the kitchen today? I said sure, if I can have my Mom keep Will. (she did) She said, "ok, let me go find out if that will be ok with them." She comes back with the school secretary and told me that I need to go to the Main Office across the street to fill out paper work. I said, Why? I already filled out all my volunteer papers. (obviously...as I am one at the moment) she says no you need to fill out w4 forms. I still didn't get it. WHY? I have never know of anyone needing my info for volunteer work. DUH....They are PAYING ME! I just assumed they wanted me to fill in for today. Well, I get paid to do that! It was so fun! Granted it's about 1/3 of what I get paid for my real job, but still! So from 11-1, I was serving carrots!! THEY HATED ME! I give them Fluoride and Cooked Carrots all in one day!!! I RULE! LOL

So I am now on the sub list for kitchen help! I got to wear a hair net!! Where WAS my camera???!!

Here's another thing I noticed today. Kids do not use manners much. I think I heard 5 Thank You's all day. WOW?! Guess what my son and I are talking about over dinner tonight!! you guessed it, MANNERS. He better always remember to say Thank You. He didn't come thru my line as he is Cold Lunch...but if he had...he better say Thank You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh I so want to see you in the hair net serving carrots *rofl* .. that would be a whole albums worth of scrapping!! ;-)