Thursday, February 15, 2007

Murder Mystery Dinner

Not a lot to post. Kids are WILD tonight. Man, I just want to come home and check emails and veg. But both the boys are strung out on Something? Screaming while playing the Wii, acting out. AAAHHHH....My head is pounding.

I have the play this weekend which means I have to set up for it tomorrow and do the last minute running around. oh, just realised, I didn't make that post. Let me step backwards. Our Library Board is putting a murder mystery dinner event as a fundraiser for the Library. Josh has a part in it and I am a "bar wench" (insert, "server"). So we have been doing rehearsals for the past month on Sundays and now it is coming down to doing them nightly. Each night SOMEONE is missing so I have been a "under study" for those who are missing. I have NEVER done a play in my life and have no clue what I am doing. And believe it or not, I am actually very shy. At least when it comes to a situation like this! So it has been a trying few weeks. I just need to serve 100 people their food and drinks! I don't want to have lines to remember! I have this really low cut top I have to wear. And as many of you know, I am not lacking in the "girls" dept. So I can surely reveal a lot!! I will take pictures and post them later. We all have costumes that we are wearing and we have asked the guests to dress in period as well. All the food is done with the time period as well. We are having Germany Eggs, Turkey Legs served on a flat bread. No plates or utensils. The soup will be served in a bread bowl. Again, no spoons!! We are however, going to auction off a few spoons for those less adventurous soles. We have 100 people paid and most of the food was donated or sold at cost to us! So we will hopefully raise a good lump for the Library! I am really excited to see it happen! Again, I will take lots of pictures!


Wish me luck! Let's hope I don't spill anything on anyone or myself!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You better hope the "girls" don't spill out while your serving LOL

Good luck, sounds like a lot of Fun

Comment on screaming children: I say somedays I would love to have only a cat to come home too.

Have a great weekend